Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grizmi
Contributor II
Contributor II

tELTOracleMap & tLoop: how to add dynamic where clause?

Hi,

Below is the basic flow:

tLoop (from 2013 -to 2017, step 1) -- tSetGlobalVar_Year --tELTOracleInput -- tELTOracleMAp -- tELTOracleOutput (insert)

In the where clause of tELTOracleMap I would like to add : Evaluation_Year = ((Integer)globalMap.get("EvaluationYear"))  

Go is to generate 5 sql's:

Insert into  .. select ... from .. where Evaluation_Year = 2013;

Insert into  .. select ... from .. where Evaluation_Year = 2017;

Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation ot tELT objects?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Grimzi,

Adding a context variable to the ELT<DB>Map component shouldn't be an issue.

What DOES seem very counterintuitive though is the fact that you don't need to comment out the context variable as the SQL generator will do that for you.

See below screenshot for an example (query doesn't make any sense but that'll give you an idea).

Hope this helps.

0683p000009LquO.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you attach a screenshot of your job and describe what's going wrong at the moment when you execute the job?

grizmi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

saying src.EVALUATION_YEAR = ((Integer)globalMap.get("EvaluationYear")) won't work

0683p000009LqtK.jpg

But even mapping e.g. "context.ETL_DATE = LOAD_DATE" fails in a tELTOracleMap. In a normal tMap there is no issue.

Just working for a few months with Talend so maybe I am missing something.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Grimzi,

Adding a context variable to the ELT<DB>Map component shouldn't be an issue.

What DOES seem very counterintuitive though is the fact that you don't need to comment out the context variable as the SQL generator will do that for you.

See below screenshot for an example (query doesn't make any sense but that'll give you an idea).

Hope this helps.

0683p000009LquO.png

grizmi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

It works when uning context variable in tELTOracleMap. Apperently, in the tIteration I first need to assign the key value defined in tSetGlobalVar to a context variable. Directly calling ((Integer)globalMap.get("EvaluationYear")) didn't work.

Thanks