Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kurzkano
Contributor III
Contributor III

tELTSAPMap and left outer join

Dear community,

does anyone made it to run tELTSAPMap with a left outer join? While joining two (or more) tables with an inner join works seamlessly, an outer join of two (or more) tables immediately runs into

org.talend.sap.impl.SAPConnectionFactory- BAPI failed to start the background job

0695b00000Ht139AAB.png

And no: it doesn't matter if you check the "Explicit join" checkboxes or not.

We're running Talend Cloud API Services Platform (R2021-07-7.3.1). Any idea is very welcome.

Best regards

Norbert

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kurzkano
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok, I finally figured out how to use the component correctly. Of course you can specify a WHERE clause on a column, but you ALWAYS have to check the "Explicit join" checkbox!

0695b00000JOWWwAAP.pngThe resulting query is processed with ABAP and as far as I understood ABAP always needs an explicit join. This checkbox is obsolete as it must be checked always!

See also Talend Bug Tracker: [TDI-44914] tELTSAPMap initial table join configuration - Talend Open Integration Solution (talendfo...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The error information "org.talend.sap.impl.SAPConnectionFactory- BAPI failed to start the background job" is not a specific error message and it seems to be a generic message and coming from misconfiguration.

From your use case, it is coming from mismatch in join keys in the query. It is recommended to create a support case on talend support portal so that our colleagues from support team will give you a remote assistance on your issue to see if there is any workaround for you.

Best regards

Sabrina

kurzkano
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @all,

we updated to R2021-09-7.3.1 and made sure we're using the most actual SAP module TEDK910156.

I did some more investigation: a LEFT OUTER JOIN works perfectly as long as no WHERE clause is on the joined table:

0695b00000JOGUQAA5.pngWith a WHERE clause the mentioned error is thrown.

As a workaround one could filter the result afterwards instead of using a WHERE clause. But this would result in millions of records instead of a few thousand - doesn't make sense.

kurzkano
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok, I finally figured out how to use the component correctly. Of course you can specify a WHERE clause on a column, but you ALWAYS have to check the "Explicit join" checkbox!

0695b00000JOWWwAAP.pngThe resulting query is processed with ABAP and as far as I understood ABAP always needs an explicit join. This checkbox is obsolete as it must be checked always!

See also Talend Bug Tracker: [TDI-44914] tELTSAPMap initial table join configuration - Talend Open Integration Solution (talendfo...