Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSen
Contributor II
Contributor II

tFileCopy keeping timestamp metadata of source file

Hello,

Using Talend 7.2.1, each time I use the tFileCopy it does keep the "lastModified" metadata from the source file to the ouput file, but I would like to make a simple copy of files with the current and new modified date for the new copied file.

Is there a way to do that using the tFileCopy component that I missed ? or should I go with Java code ?

Thanks in advance,

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CSen
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply,

Well actually my job is just a tFileCopy component in the job. But I found why this metadata was set with the value of the source file, the copyFile method of FileCopy class from org.talend package :

0693p000009HvgBAAS.png

I'm a bit disturbed that we don't have any option to allow or not this setting. So to resolve my issue I just placed back the current timestamp in the "lastModified" property of output file.

0693p000009HvfNAAS.png

If there is another "proper" way to do it, I would be glad to know,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@charles senechal​ ,if possible can you share your job design and explain the problem.

CSen
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply,

Well actually my job is just a tFileCopy component in the job. But I found why this metadata was set with the value of the source file, the copyFile method of FileCopy class from org.talend package :

0693p000009HvgBAAS.png

I'm a bit disturbed that we don't have any option to allow or not this setting. So to resolve my issue I just placed back the current timestamp in the "lastModified" property of output file.

0693p000009HvfNAAS.png

If there is another "proper" way to do it, I would be glad to know,