Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tFileInputExcel NB_LINE count is sometimes wrong

Hi,
I searched in the forum but did not find this error reported.
I have a job that reads an Excel file, processes it (with tMaps, ...) and output a CSV. 
At the end of the job I check the number of lines in the final CSV output against the original file, to see if any line could not be processed.
The problem is the number of lines of the Excel file is not always correctly computed, adding 1 to the real number depending on the file.
Look at this example :
0683p000009MDeD.jpg
The real number of rows is 675, and that is the number I find in my CSV file, and that is reported by the tFlowMeter item.
But when I use the tFileInputExcel_1_NB_LINE, it gives me an erroneous 676, which lets me think I "lost" a line between input and output... When in reality everything has been processed correctly.
Here is how my tFileInputExcel is set :
0683p000009MDyt.jpg
As you can see, I checked the "Stop reading on encountering empty rows"
The problem is that even if it stops when encountering an empty row, it counts it, thus showing a wrong number.
To make sure of this, I saved the Excel as a CVS file, and found out that there are many many empty lines at the end of the file : some 500...
Here is what I think happens and to me is incorrect :

Talend counts the not-empty lines, without counting the header.
Talend encounters an empty line, counts it ( incorrect), then stops.

Shall I open a bug ?
Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have you tried connecting the Reject output from tFileInputExcel to see if there is anything else going on?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would say yes. Open a bug report. The counter should reflect the number of rows you get in the output flow (without rejects) - in your case 675. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I created this bug : 
Jira
Thanks