Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
citrods
Contributor
Contributor

tFileList : read excel files but it seems that it can't read the worksheet even if I used ((String)globalMap.get("tFileInputExcel_1_CURRENT_SHEET"))

Hello

I have a folder wiith sub-folders. Some of them contains an excel files and i want to read all the excel files.

0695b00000Htt25AAB.png 

I also want to write the filepath and the worksheet so that I know what files i'm reading.

Here is the job I created :

For tfilelist, in the settings, i specified the folder and specified that i want to read xlsx files.

0695b00000HtsvEAAR.png 

For tfileinputexcel, in he settings, i specified the filepath with a global variable : ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))

0695b00000HtsxZAAR.png 

in order to get the filepath, the filename and the worksheet, i used a tmap and here are my settings:

0695b00000Htsz1AAB.png 

in the output file, the filepath and the filename are written.

however the 3rd column is empty whereas the current sheet should be written.

is there an issue with ((String)globalMap.get("tFileInputExcel_1_CURRENT_SHEET")) ?

0695b00000Htt1lAAB.png 

thank you

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's talend solution are you using? Open studio or subscription solution?

Are you using Memory option in tFileInputExcel component? Memory-consuming (User mode)?

Best regards

Sabrina

citrods
Contributor
Contributor
Author

hello

I'm using talend open open studio

i checked the seetings in the memory option and actually, i selected the less-memory consuming mode.

I just tried to change for Memory-consuming (User mode) and it works now.

strange, do i have to always use Memory-consuming (User mode)?

I wanted to use the less-memory consuming mode when i have big files if possible

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The component tFileInputExcel might performs differently while using it in Less memory consumed for large excel(Event mode) vs Memory-consuming (User mode).

We will make an investigation on your issue and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards

Sabrina