Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tFileOutputJSON inserting new line "\" characters

I am trying to use the tfileoutputjson component but it is inserting new line characters in the file which means I can't use a json path query to extract the fields I need.

My flow is trestclient ---- tfileoutputjson. The json is formatted as expected when I use tlogrow. Any ideas how I prevent the "\n" being inserted in the output file?

Labels (4)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, sure. I am using the Google Places api and am expecting to receive a response in the following format:

{
    "html_attributions": [],
    "results": [
        {
            "formatted_address": "London, United Kingdom",
            "geometry": {
                "location": {
                    "lat": 0.5153788,
                    "lng": -0.1392263
                },
                "viewport": {
                    "northeast": {
                        "lat": 0.52708884999999,
                        "lng": -0.13778035
                    },
                    "southwest": {
                        "lat": 0.51147545000001,
                        "lng": -0.14356415
                    }
                }
            },
            "icon": "https://maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/place_api/icons/generic_business-71.png",
            "id": "c1942d9a94bad7dd667149b40786f0a0f6bd6769",
            "name": "Company Name",
            "place_id": "Place_id",
            "rating": 5,
            "reference": "example",
            "types": [
                "point_of_interest",
                "establishment"
            ]
        }
    ],
    "status": "OK"
}

But what I actually get back is in this format

{"data":[{"string":"{\n   \"html_attributions\" : [],\n   \"results\" : [\n      {\n         \"formatted_address\" : \"London, United Kingdom\",\n         \"geometry\" : {\n            \"location\" : {\n               \"lat\" : 0.5153788,\n               \"lng\" : -0.1392263\n            },\n            \"viewport\" : {\n               \"northeast\" : {\n                  \"lat\" : 0.52708884999999,\n                  \"lng\" : -0.13778035\n               },\n               \"southwest\" : {\n                  \"lat\" : 0.51147545000001,\n                  \"lng\" : -0.14356415\n               }\n            }\n         },\n         \"icon\" : \"https:\/\/maps.gstatic.com\/mapfiles\/place_api\/icons\/generic_business-71.png\",\n         \"id\" : \"c1942d9a94bad7dd667149b40786f0a0f6bd6769\",\n         \"name\" : \"DataXu\",\n         \"place_id\" : \"place_id",\n         \"rating\" : 5,\n         \"reference\" : \"CmRRAAAADMfvTkEkMvnLOOa-WXca3olzFgUz9d17pkzsD4bfxkU_-c9lE63nWsGj8YZJLH7p6BMRWyOmKhYWX35pioAN1Q-doaO-caPt-KuVI_wEhtOiSmXACU6ry_WwqCu1X8DVEhDkPbQfutBaWY7K0FHFwajUGhT6wziXwKWKZqGgOZ0D3dJL95bk6g\",\n         \"types\" : [ \"point_of_interest\", \"establishment\" ]\n      }\n   ],\n   \"status\" : \"OK\"\n}\n","body":null,"statusCode":200}]}

This is my  flow. 

0683p000009Lqom.png

In tFileInputJSON I am trying to retrieve the place_id from the json file using the jsonpath query displayed, but because of the file format it is not working. 

0683p000009Lqor.png

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any advice on this one?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem!

It's like the component tries to stringify every fields and every value.

Anyone can help us?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think your webservice is returning wrong data, as talend json outpout properly works , even it's not indented.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any answer on this? I have the same issue and it's not the web service as it looks fine in the tLogRow directly before the tFileOutputJSON 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@xdshi  @nthampi  

tFileOutputJSON - is adding addition escape character to the data in the file it create. Any specific setting need to be done?

input :/data/policy

output in JSON : \/data\/policy