Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tFileUnarchive component throws compilation error in Talend studio 7.1.1

Hi,

I am upgrading talend studio from 5.6 to 7.1.1 Talend MDM Platform enterprise version.

In many of the jobs, there is tFileUnarchive component used and this throws compilation error when i try to build the job in 7.1.1. The file to be unarchived is not password protected and hence no decryption is required. But i am getting some error related to decryption method used as attached in the screenshot 1. I am also attaching the component setting that is migrated from 5.6 version (screenshot 2). I understand that there is some change in options of decryption in talend 7.1.1 but this should affect me if at all I am selecting the option of "Need a pasword". But right now there is no need of password and still this is not working.

Can somebody help ?

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As an initial test, could you please double check whether tUnarchive is working fine for a new job created from 7.1 itself (not any migrated job)?

Also please confirm whether the java version which you are using is 1.8.

If the error persists, I would suggest to create a support ticket so that they can verify remotely any issue happened or any jars got missed when the component was upgraded using migration utility.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tested the tFileUnarchive component by creating a new job in talend 7.1.1 also but this also throws the same compilation error "The method setUseZip4jDecryption(boolean) is undefined for the type Unzip".

Moreover, i tried to first use tFileArchive component in the newly created job to archive the file in talend 7.1.1 but to my surprise this component is also not working for all the archive format options given by the component i.e. zip, gzip and tar.gz. I tried with password and without password both but all in vein. I am getting errors as attached in screenshot 3 and 4. Also attached (screenshot 5) the component settings for tFileArchive component.

Please let me know if this issue is with Talend studio 7.1.1.

screenshot3.PNG
screenshot4.PNG
screenshot5.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am using Java version 1.8.191
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@xdshi,

Could you please advise on this issue?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @fashah

Have you ever successfully executed your new created job in Talend version 7.1.1? At the first step, could you please create a simple job, such as, tfixedflow-->tlogrow to see if you are able to build job in your V 7.1.1 in order to exclude JDK setting issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @xdshi,

Yes I have tried a new simple job as you said and it is getting successfully executed in 7.1.1. Also from the migrated jobs from 5.6 to 7.1.1 some of them are getting build successfully  wherever tFileArchive and tFileUnarchive components are not used.