Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tGoogleDriveGet connection to tFileInputDelimited

I am trying to pull a spreadsheet from google drive, transform it using tmap and load it into a database. Whenever I have the tGoogleDriveGet component linked to a logrow, there are no errors; however, when I link the google drive component to the tInputFile component I get a null pointer exception. I am not sure what the problem is here.

*note: in my googledriveget component, I checked the box to save the file (to my desktop) and then used that path in the inputfiledelimited component.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did you cross check whether the file is getting downloaded to your local desktop? If the file is downloaded to your desktop, please check file name in your tfileinput component is same as in the folder where you downloaded the file.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did you cross check whether the file is getting downloaded to your local desktop? If the file is downloaded to your desktop, please check file name in your tfileinput component is same as in the folder where you downloaded the file.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is saving to the location I have designated and I added the same file name to the tfileinput component; however, I keep getting a null pointer exception for my googledriveget component. I can't figure out what would be wrong with my setup since there is no error when I just have a path of googledriveget --> tlogrow.