Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jedi-Habs
Contributor
Contributor

tLogRow does not show any output.

Hi, I have to do an inner join between two columns,one from HANA and another from MSSQL respectively. But I am not seeing any output. All the rows show up as 0's. Please see the pic attached. Do you guys have any idea what I am missing here?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

@Jedi-Habs , whatever the data is there it will show and will not change the data by its wone/ I worked with mysql it will display wah ever the data is there.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
Make sure you are doing an inner join rather than left outer join (by default, it is left outer join), if the columns comes input data, print the value before tMap to check if you get expected data before join.

BTW, please insert images into your post body instead of attaching them.

Regards
Shong
manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

It is printing, but you are seeing 0 ,are those values directly coming from main or lookup?
Jedi-Habs
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks. It is an inner join. And how do I print it out? I tried to see the data from just one source but seeing 0's  there as well. 

0683p000009MA9Z.png

manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

@Jedi-Habs , you have mapped correctly that inner join and now from tmap connect to tlogrow and see the data what are you getting out from the console.

if you are not getting the expected data then your data may be not correct.

Jedi-Habs
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Manod. To your question, I think it's Main. I am doing an inner join and even though for now, I am trying to see the common elements but the eventual goal is to see rejected elements. Check the screen shot I attached in my previous reply. How do I make it to show the real values instead 0's? Thanks.

manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

@Jedi-Habs,since joining columns are character data type and what values are you seeing other than 0 outside of Talend?  can you just read one table and see what are you seeing in Talend?

Jedi-Habs
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I tried just dumping the from each data source and still seeing 0's. The SQL queries run fine in HANA and MSSqlStudio and I see results there. Why not here?0683p000009MA6q.png

manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

@Jedi-Habs , whatever the data is there it will show and will not change the data by its wone/ I worked with mysql it will display wah ever the data is there.

Jedi-Habs
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This turned out to be an issue with the data types. Once they matched, the data started showing up. The problem was the Type,DB Type mismatch in the schema definition which I had changed cause of another issue. The issue is resolved now.Thank you @manodwhb for all the advice. Appreciate it.