Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darmesh
Contributor III
Contributor III

tMSSQLOutputBulkExec_1_Cannot bulk load

I am loading data from source table directly to target table using tMssqlOutputBulkExec.

When i check the file mssql_data.txt it has all the data in it. But data is not loading into table

It is throwing me below error.

Exception in component tDBOutputBulkExec_1_tMBE (a)

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot bulk load because the file "C:/Users/DSB1129/Videos/mssql_data.txt" could not be opened. Operating system error code 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:262)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.getNextResult(SQLServerStatement.java:1632)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.doExecuteStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:872)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement$StmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerStatement.java:767)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:7418)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:3272)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:247)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:222)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.execute(SQLServerStatement.java:743)

at project.a_0_1.a.tHiveInput_2Process(a.java:8306)

at project.a_0_1.a.tHiveConnection_5Process(a.java:639)

at project.a_0_1.a.runJobInTOS(a.java:8909)

at project.a_0_1.a.main(a.java:8679)

[FATAL] 17:16:40 project.a_0_1.a- tDBOutputBulkExec_1_tMBE Cannot bulk load because the file "C:/Users/DSB1129/Videos/mssql_data.txt" could not be opened. Operating system error code 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot bulk load because the file "C:/Users/DSB1129/Videos/mssql_data.txt" could not be opened. Operating system error code 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:262) ~[mssql-jdbc-6.0.0.jar:?]

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.getNextResult(SQLServerStatement.java:1632) ~[mssql-jdbc-6.0.0.jar:?]

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.doExecuteStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:872) ~[mssql-jdbc-6.0.0.jar:?]

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement$StmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerStatement.java:767) ~[mssql-jdbc-6.0.0.jar:?]

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:7418) ~[mssql-jdbc-6.0.0.jar:?]

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:3272) ~[mssql-jdbc-6.0.0.jar:?]

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:247) ~[mssql-jdbc-6.0.0.jar:?]

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:222) ~[mssql-jdbc-6.0.0.jar:?]

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.execute(SQLServerStatement.java:743) ~[mssql-jdbc-6.0.0.jar:?]

at project.a_0_1.a.tHiveInput_2Process(a.java:8306) [classes/:?]

at project.a_0_1.a.tHiveConnection_5Process(a.java:639) [classes/:?]

at project.a_0_1.a.runJobInTOS(a.java:8909) [classes/:?]

at project.a_0_1.a.main(a.java:8679) [classes/:?]

[statistics] disconnected

Labels (3)
7 Replies
gjeremy1617088143
Creator III
Creator III

I, as the error message say : The system cannot find the path specified for the file path C:/Users/DSB1129/Videos/mssql_data.txt"

are you sure you have set the right path ?

Send me Love and Kudos

Darmesh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes the path is correct and i can see the data in .txt file.

Even i tried using tMssqlOutputBulk and tMssqlBulkExec still the same error

gjeremy1617088143
Creator III
Creator III

could you send a screen of basic settings and advanced settings of the toutputBulkexec ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Darmesh Sureshbabu​,

You have added a Talend Cloud label. Are you running this job in the cloud, on a Remote Engine or in the Studio? I presume that this file is on the same machine as the job is being run?

Regards

Richard

Darmesh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes it Cloud. But now testing in studio It is throwing error.

Yes file is in the same location where the job is being run.

Darmesh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Richard Hall​ 

Can you tell me how this can resolved. or there might be issue with SQL Server access for BULK mode?

Since it is a straight forward one, am loading data src: Hive table to tgt: MSSQL

Help me out to fix this

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Darmesh Sureshbabu​ sorry, I misunderstood the original error. This is caused because the file you are using needs to be accessible by the database that you are loading to. You are actually getting the db to process the physical file. The error here is from the MSSql driver....

The documentation for this component does briefly mention this here....

https://help.talend.com/r/lZLCVAvlC2eua7~d4oeP4w/jx7WfA9AmZfF1DQZI14OZA

It's an easy one to miss though. Can you relocate the file to be on the same machine as the DB and then ensure the user that is running the DB has access to the location where the file is?