Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kamlesh1
Contributor
Contributor

tMongoDBConnection timeout Error when graph is trying connect to MongoDB atlas using AWS RE

Hi All,

I am getting connection timeout when tMongoDBConnection is trying to connect to MongoDB Atlas hosted on AWS.

There is no issue between Talend RE and MongoDB Atlas hosted on AWS, Because other user are not facing any issue to connect.

Timed out after 30000 ms while waiting to connect. Client view of cluster state is {type=UNKNOWN, servers=[{address=bipvs-xxx-cp-dev-shard-00-02.xxx.mongodb.net:27017, type=UNKNOWN, state=CONNECTING, exception={com.mongodb.MongoSocketOpenException: Exception opening socket}, caused by {java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out}}, 

Kindly help on this.

Labels (4)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you able to connect on the same machine via MongoDB Compass and NoSQLBooster?

What's MongoDb drivers are you using? Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

Kamlesh1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, i am able to connect to mongodb using Robo 3T, compass.

I am using MongoDB drvier 4.4 x and later.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We have already upgraded the MongoDb drivers to be able to work with 4.4.x for Standard Jobs in Talend 7.3.1.

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

Kamlesh1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am using 7.3.1 and updated latest patch too.

I have been struggling with this for last 2 months. Neither from Talend CEO from our company nor anyone from outside able to tell the exact root cause.

I am very disappointed and frustrated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Could you please let us know you support case id? Have you already informed support team that the latest patch is not working for you?

Best regards

Sabrina

Talend_Tech
Contributor
Contributor

I am also facing the similar issue when try to connect to MongoDB Atlas from on-premise Talend. Also , I can connect to MongoDB Atlas from my local machine through Compass.

Below is the exact error that I am getting :

Timed out after 30000 ms while waiting to connect to connect . Client view of cluster state is { type = UNKOWN , servers=[{address=b1-3-us-west-5.XYZ.mongodb.net:1056 , type=UNKNOWN , state=CONNECTING , exception={com.mongodb.MongoSocketReadException : Prematurely reached end of stream}} , {...........}] }

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Kumar