Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tMySqlIput not able to connect to MySql server database

Hi,

We have mysql server on amazon EC2 and we are trying to run a job from another EC2 instance, when we try execute the job it is givng access denied issue. Can you please let me know what can be the possible cause. The job is taking all parameter for connectivity from context file. The issue is the job is taking the server context variable as localhost ip address instead of server. 

E.g. server host is aws-a0042-use1-1a-d-rds-xxx-xxxx-.xxx.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com

and I am executing the job from 10.2xx.x.x, then the job log shows

Exception in component tMysqlOutput_1 (JB_GENERATE_SRD_OUTPUT_FILE)
java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'xxxxx'@'10.2xx.xx.xxx' 

In this log i see it is taking ip address of system from where we are executing instead of server ip address. 

I have tried modifying the values. Is there any setting on the system or mysql server or in talend job i am missing. Appreciate your quick help.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. It was issue with the access for the user.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you post your (redacted) context? Also, can you connect to the database with a MySQL client? Finding out would help narrow down whether this is a Talend issue, or a credentials issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. It was issue with the access for the user.