Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdope
Contributor III
Contributor III

What Metadata Mapping File is used for Salesforce Metadata schema?

When I schema is retrieved from salesforce what mapping is used?  I would like to modify the default mapping so when I retrieve a table from salesforce string is specified instead of BigDecimal.  

From reading other posts I gather I need to modify a mapping file at:

Project Settings > General > Metadata of TalendType

Which mapping file is used for salesoforce?  I tried mapping_Oracle.xml, but that didn't seem to work.  Does anyone know for sure?

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There is no mapping-salesforce.xml file in metadata of TalendType. Do you want to get the "scale"(precision in talend) from salesforce?

Best regards

Sabrina

jdope
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, thanks for the response.  

I was looking to manipulate the conversion when a schema is generated.  For example if a source field is say Number in salesforce I would like the corresponding field converted to String when I generate the metadata schema via Talend.  Not a huge issue, I was just wondering if I was missing something regarding capabilities.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If we understand your requirement very well, are you trying to convert data type for your Salesforce Metadata schema? If so, you can use tMap or tConvertType component to do data type conversion.

The workflow looks like: tSalesforceInput--> tConvertType(Convert Int to String)-->output.

Best regards

Sabrina

jdope
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for the reply.  I was just wondering if it was possible to manipulate the actual metadata schema generation from salesforce instead of having to convert it each time at run time.