Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tREST json data input

Hi all

I have a data set and need to crapped it into json request before POST to an API

The json request contains many nested json hierachy, so that I cannot use the tRESTClient

I try to use the tREST but I don't know how to input the data into it from a tMap (this component join my data and ready to build the json input) and neither know how to extract Json from it (there is not "string" field as in tRestClient)

Could you please guide me for this?

Thanks

Labels (2)
6 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@phancongphuoc ,you should populate in HTTP body of tRest component,check the below link will help you more.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/POST-JSON-with-REST-API/td-p/150057

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi Manodwhb

Thanks for your help, I use the tREST with Http Body string to build up the Json structure

But the json string is really complicated and not easy to maintain

Do we have any other approach to simplify this stage?

I saw that there is a tWriteJsonField, but I don't know how to leverage it into my case.0683p000009M82T.jpg

---------- the jSon String is like this-----------------

"{\"version\":1"
+",\"request_id\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.request_id")) + "\""
+",\"date_time\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.date_time"))
+"\",\"items\":[{"
+"\"item_id\":\""+((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.item_id"))+"\""
+",\"date_time\":\"2019-11-21T12:23:59\""
+",\"declared\":{"
+"\"hs_code\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.declare_hs_code")) +"\""
+",\"description\":\"" + ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.declare_description")) + "\""
+",\"value\":\"" + ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.declare_value")) + "\""
+",\"unit\":\"" + ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.declare_unit")) + "\""
+"}"
+",\"route\":{"
+"\"origin_country\":\""+((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.route_origin_country"))+"\""
+",\"lading_country\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.route_lading_country"))+ "\""
+",\"unlading_country\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.route_unlading_country"))+ "\""
+",\"lading_port\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.route_lading_port")) + "\""
+",\"unlading_port\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.route_unlading_port")) + "\""
+"}"
+",\"foreign_party\":{"
+"\"id\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.foreign_party_id"))+ "\""
+",\"name\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.foreign_party_name"))+"\""
+",\"address\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.foreign_party_address")) + "\""
+",\"country\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.foreign_party_country")) + "\""
+"}"
+",\"local_party\":{"
+"\"id\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.local_party_id"))+"\""
+",\"name\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.local_party_name")) + "\""
+",\"address\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.local_party_address"))+"\""
+",\"country\":\""+ ((String)globalMap.get("AltanaInput.local_party_country"))+ "\""
+"}"
+",\"quantity\":{\"value\": 3000,\"unit\":\"box\"},\"weight\":{\"value\":0.25,\"unit\":\"kg\"},\"volume\":{\"value\":0.5,\"unit\":\"cubic in\"}}]}"

Martintin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @phancongphuoc ,

I had a case similar to yours with a huge json to construct and it was boring.

Nothing but escaping all the quotation marks was painful ahah

As i see there are some parameters that you pass through global map and other that are fixed.

So you can maybe try to develop a routine who creates your java object with the jsonsimple class.

When you call the method, pass the global map fields as parameters.

In my case, it helped a lot because i was calling the method several times in my job don't know if it will be as useful for you but just sharing.

Regards,

Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin,

Sorry for long delay.

I finally use a tJava and set the json construction into a concept string variable, and then pass the variable into the Http Body

It should be a little bit easier to maintain for me.

LuciusHunt
Contributor
Contributor

To see how sending JSON via tRestClient works see the gif in my comment at the end of this post.

tMap -> tWriteJSONField -> tRestClient

Sindhura1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I need to pass arrays through context variables in trest​ component.Could you please suggest how it can be done