Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tRESTClient get error "The method path(Object) in the type WebClient is not applicable for arguements ()"

I need to read data from a csv file and then call an API to update information 

I follow the guide : https://help.talend.com/reader/hCrOzogIwKfuR3mPf~LydA/mswIFzJ3F96ojxbEq9St~A

..with some customization to adapt my case (I change to use jSon instead for XML as in guide)

But when I run, the error like below captured image, someone please help

Thanks

0683p000009M8Io.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I found it now, the URL got the '?' which generated when I do manually. I just remove it and it work

View solution in original post

5 Replies
yome1
Creator
Creator

Hi,

You can find the error by seeing the code Tab. You will see the compilation error in the java code.

Guillaume

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I found it now, the URL got the '?' which generated when I do manually. I just remove it and it work
rohsuh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am working on TOS v6.3. I am using tRESTClient with method DELETE. I've set up the URL using context variables. But I keep running into the error mentioned below. The code view says its in the following line. Removing the "?" from the URL has not resolved the issue.

// set request path
webClient_tRESTClient_1.path();

I am setting the URL in the following manner and passing the context variable into the tRESTClient component in order to perform the DELETE

context.l_URL = context.Endpoint + "/" + context.ID + "?";

Error is

Detail Message: The method path(Object) in the type WebClient is not applicable for the arguments ()

Can you please point me what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks very much

Talend_AA
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem but with an API that contains "v2/api/dataReports/data/:dataReportId" the value:dataReportId causes the error message: The method path(Object) in the type WebClient is not applicable for the arguments().

Anyone have a solution?

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Could you please give us a little bit information about your job in talend? What does your API call look like?

Are you using Klaviyo API? It seems that the v1/v2 legacy APIs are set to be discontinued on June 30, 2024.

https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/docs/migration_faq_v1v2_api_retirement#:~:text=v1/v2%20legacy%20AP...

Best regards

Sabrina