Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quentin-vigne
Partner - Contributor III

tSchemaComplianceCheck not rejecting when String length exceed schema length

Hi,

I'm using tSchemaComplianceCheck on Talend Cloud Data Integration version R2022-12.

Inside the component I use the option "Use another schema for compliance check"

It's not working for checking string length. Everytime I have a string greater than the length I use in the schema it goes through and ends up crashing the job by throwing an error on the database side (stl_load_errors and when I check it I see the string is too big)

What am I doing wrong ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
quentin-vigne
Author

I do not need to activate setting "Trim the excess content of column when length checking chosen and the length is greater than defined length" because I don't want the string to be trimmed if the length is greater than I want. I want it to go to rejects.

I found my problem and it's on the side of special characters. As I'm using Amazon Redshift for the database side any accented character like "é" / "è" / "à" etc... get counted as double the size.

Some of my values contains one or two of them and some can contains a string full of them.

I saw that a newer version of the talend studio brings an option to "Check for Byte length" instead of string length which would help me with my problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please show us your tSchemaComplianceCheck with schema and setting screenshots?

Did you also activate setting "Trim the excess content of column when length checking chosen and the length is greater than defined length" option when connect your row with the component tSchemaComplianceCheck?

Please note that tSchemaComplianceCheck validates all input rows against a reference schema or check types, nullability, length of rows against reference values. The validation can be carried out in full or partly.

You can also refer to some scenarios which explain the usage of this component.

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/validation/tschemacompliancecheck-tlogrow-tfileinputdelimited-tf...

Please let us know in case of any concerns.

Best regards

Sabrina

quentin-vigne
Author

I do not need to activate setting "Trim the excess content of column when length checking chosen and the length is greater than defined length" because I don't want the string to be trimmed if the length is greater than I want. I want it to go to rejects.

I found my problem and it's on the side of special characters. As I'm using Amazon Redshift for the database side any accented character like "é" / "è" / "à" etc... get counted as double the size.

Some of my values contains one or two of them and some can contains a string full of them.

I saw that a newer version of the talend studio brings an option to "Check for Byte length" instead of string length which would help me with my problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply that you've resolved your issue by yourself and feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina