Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tWebService with CDATA and Normalize/Denormalize buttons

Hello!

1) Is there a way to get tWebService to wrap input String parameter in CDATA in the component itself, or should I do it manually each time I send my string to web service (the string in question contains '>' and '<' characters which get encoded as '&gt;' and '&lt;' which apparently causes error when processing the data on service)?

2) What are The Normalize/Denormalize buttons on Input mapping and Output mapping tabs in schema editor for? They seem to be always deactivated for me.

I'm using Talend for DI 6.3.1.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Are you trying to pass a string including '>' and '<' characters to a webservice? Could you please try to use tSoap component instead to see if it works?

Input mapping and Output mapping tabs will be used to define the input and output schemas and schema-parameter mappings.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

>Are you trying to pass a string including '>' and '<' characters to a web service? 

Yes, but that was not the source of error, apparently. So, nevermind.

>Input mapping and Output mapping tabs will be used to define the input and output schemas and schema-parameter mappings.

Yes, I know that. I asked specifically what Normalize/Denormalize buttons on them do. I cannot find that information anywhere.

P.S. I have an idea on how to make one of your components more versatile. Where should I post it?