Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tXSLT component does not create output files at remote server

Hi all, 

I've been experiencing problems with the tXLST component. In my job I want to transform an XML via tXSLT, however, the resulting files don't show. 

I've already been trying stuff to figure out what was the problem, but I can't find it. 

In the XSLT it creates 3 different XML files. 1 dummy file which has to be filled in in the Output file line (see attachment what I mean) in the tXSLT component view (otherwise I get a access denied error in all cases). And 2 XML files which are defined in the XSLT document, the ones I need. 

The path in the Output file line (see attachment what I mean) is a remote server (via context variables), normally no problem, but I thought let's try my own computer. 

In a test job with only the tXSLT component: 

- When I put a hardcoded path to my own computer --> all 3 of the files got created 

- When I put a hardcoded path to the remote server --> only the dummy file from the Output file line in the component got created

Then I tried it in the total job: 

- When I put a hardcoded path to my own computer --> the 2 files from the XSLT get created not the dummy  

- When I put a hardcoded path to the remote server --> Nothing got created... not even the dummy

So: 

--> the XSLT file is ok, because it does create the file on my own computer. 

--> Initially it was a path via context variables, so changing it to hardcoded values, didn't solve it either. 

--> I expect somewhere in the job (didn't built it myself) the dummy file is removed again, so i'm not worried about that.. 

--> It really seems to be caused by putting them on the remote server.

But like I said, this is common practice here, so why is it suddenly now a problem? This job is even a copy of another one.. which is working properly...

Any ideas what might be the cause? Or what else I can try? I'm really hoping someone can help me out here, or give me something else to try, cause I'm stuck..  

I'm using Talend Open Studio for ESB version 6.4.1. 

B.t.w. The job will eventually run on this remote server.. might it be that XSLT files can only be outputted at the host? But I still get the input file from the same remote server..??? plus then I would have experienced it already before.. but just throwing my thoughts out there Smiley Wink 

Thanks in advance!

Annewieke

tXSLT-component.PNG

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

There wasn't any error message, so I had nothing to go on. 

Also when I run it at the server itself it at first didn't generate any files.. but when I changed it to not-relative paths, on the server, it finally worked. 

But still it's weird, because I always test from my desktop and I never had the problem of no files being created. And I always use the relative paths, because it's a remote server, you cannot really make it absolute right..?  

But anyway, I could continue now.. though a lot slower, via the remote server.. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Could you please post your whole job screenshots on forum? Are you using a relative path for your remote server? Is there any error message printed on console?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

There wasn't any error message, so I had nothing to go on. 

Also when I run it at the server itself it at first didn't generate any files.. but when I changed it to not-relative paths, on the server, it finally worked. 

But still it's weird, because I always test from my desktop and I never had the problem of no files being created. And I always use the relative paths, because it's a remote server, you cannot really make it absolute right..?  

But anyway, I could continue now.. though a lot slower, via the remote server..