Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phiibuntu
Contributor
Contributor

tfilecopy missunderstanding

Hello,

I 'm making a job to copy and rename files. My tfilecopy seems to copy and correctly rename the files.

Sadly files are created with good name but they're empty.

Files are 0 ko in good destination repertory...

here's a screenshot of the job : no error ... I don't understand what I have missed.

0683p000009M1kh.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Don't worry. Lets go back to basics. Please try the below instructions.

0683p000009M1lL.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please provide the component screen shot and the business user case so that we will get more idea about the task?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

vapukov
Master II
Master II

hi,

you need to provide more information - what in tMap? what settings for tFileCopy and etc

ankit7359
Creator II
Creator II

hi @phiibuntu,

Greetings of the day,

i would like to repeat the same as @nthampi mentioned, once you specify or attach a component view of Tfilecopy then the Community will able to guide you from misunderstanding to proper understanding.

Well humor apart!!..Pls check the settings of the component whether you have given the correct source path(from where you must copy the file) and correct destination path(from where you are going to paste the file),

and if you want to rename the file then by specifying the name enclosed in double quotes.

Pls attach the screenshot of tfilecopy.

Thanks

Ankit

phiibuntu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

the tFilecopy component screenshot : 

0683p000009M1hz.png

the Tmap screenshot :

0683p000009M1jz.png

As you see the document_name come from inner join (mysql) 

I need to copy file and change ID to document name in another repertory. 

I hope I give you enough details. 

My proble is that the document is not really copy with tfilecopy, only document name works with inner join from source file name to destination file name.

phiibuntu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

and the TIteratetoflow screenshot in case...

0683p000009M1l1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please check whether you are giving the full path for the source to do copy? I believe you are populating only document name.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

vapukov
Master II
Master II

@phiibuntu wrote:

I hope I give you enough details. 

of course - not 🙂

ok, we could guess - if join work - newColumns contain proper value (hope), but what about tFileCopy? is tFileCopy delete original file?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please select the check box for Fail on error?

Then it will show that your source path is not correct.

0683p000009M1TY.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

phiibuntu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I think it is what I'm doing wrong.

in Tfilelist I give the full path for source file, but I don't know how can I do in Tmap to manage files.

I think tmpa I made only give document_name (file name) to Tfilcopy. 
I hope I m clear with my bad english...

When I select the check box for Fail on error nothing more happens