Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

/tmp/osdtInstall_user1.6.3.1/configuration folder missing

Hi 

I have a code running with Talend Data Mapper with tHMap. It was working fine. Suddenly i got an error like below. How can i avoid this? Is it possible to know why this error happens?

Once i create the folder job works.

---------------

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start runtime because of exception: Could not locate folder: /tmp/osdtInstall_user1_6.3.1./configuration
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactory.initEclipseEnvironment(RuntimeFactory.java:1099)
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactory.createRuntime(RuntimeFactory.java:600)
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactory.createRuntime(RuntimeFactory.java:348)
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactory.createRuntime(RuntimeFactory.java:341)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Could not locate folder: /tmp/osdtInstall_user1_6.3.1./configuration
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactoryHelper.copyFolder(RuntimeFactoryHelper.java:76)
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactoryHelper.createTempConfigurationArea(RuntimeFactoryHelper.java:33)
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactory.initEclipseEnvironment(RuntimeFactory.java:931)

-------------------------------

Labels (5)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello stuti,

This issue is fixed in V 7.0.1. Could you please have a look at it?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @uganesh , I know this could be pretty late for a reply, still to fix this issue in the future and for others who encounter this issue:

1. Yes, the temporary files are created by Talend but deleted by Windows(OS) as per temporary file deletion rules.

A fix could be to change the location of the temporary files to another location by adding below property in your JoB > Run > Advanced Settings> JVM Parameters:

-Djava.io.tmpdir="/xx/x"

Kind Regards,

Ramit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Stuti,

Delete entire osdtInstall_StutiGupta_6.5.1 folder and then rerun talend job. This should resolve your problem.