Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

/tmp/osdtInstall_user1.6.3.1/configuration folder missing

Hi 

I have a code running with Talend Data Mapper with tHMap. It was working fine. Suddenly i got an error like below. How can i avoid this? Is it possible to know why this error happens?

Once i create the folder job works.

---------------

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start runtime because of exception: Could not locate folder: /tmp/osdtInstall_user1_6.3.1./configuration
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactory.initEclipseEnvironment(RuntimeFactory.java:1099)
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactory.createRuntime(RuntimeFactory.java:600)
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactory.createRuntime(RuntimeFactory.java:348)
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactory.createRuntime(RuntimeFactory.java:341)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Could not locate folder: /tmp/osdtInstall_user1_6.3.1./configuration
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactoryHelper.copyFolder(RuntimeFactoryHelper.java:76)
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactoryHelper.createTempConfigurationArea(RuntimeFactoryHelper.java:33)
at org.talend.transform.runtime.api.RuntimeFactory.initEclipseEnvironment(RuntimeFactory.java:931)

-------------------------------

Labels (5)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Did you get this issue on V 6.3.1?

Have you tried to add the missing 'configuration' temp folder to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes, it is version 6.3.1

yes, once i created the folder when i re run it worked. 

My understanding is this temp folders are being created by Talend. How come i got this error? There were no change in the environment. Suddenly this issue has happend. Want to understand why?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any updates on the reason for deletion of configuration folder under tmp path?

Also the data mapper creates some temporary folders and leaves without deleting. This piles up in the server while looping the mapper while reading a real time data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Did you get this error periodically? Is there any periodic cleanup activity on your end?

Could you please try to set the ODT_INSTALL_DIR system variable to a permanent location instead. This way, the install folder will always be available.

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes, the /tmp/osdtInstall_user1.6.3.1/configuration folder missing is repeating. The job fails after this error on the real time mode due to error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

By default TDM installs its runtime in a temporary folder named osdtInstall_xxx. Please set the ODT_INSTALL_DIR system variable to a permanent location instead. This way, the install folder will always be available.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1) I could not find the ODT_INSTALL_DIR in system variable. Clearing the folders manually.

2) Still i am facing the issue of configuration folder getting deleted and the job failing.

Second issue is more critical, could not rely on the job to run on continuous mode. Please share some work around.

Regards

Velu.

@xdshi wrote:

Hello,

By default TDM installs its runtime in a temporary folder named osdtInstall_xxx. Please set the ODT_INSTALL_DIR system variable to a permanent location instead. This way, the install folder will always be available.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

We are still working on this issue and will keep you posted.

Here is the related jira link:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDM-5993

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, there,

I am facing the same error:

salesforce.job_ism_040_read_sao_getproducts_0_1.job_ISM_040_Read_SAO_getProducts - tHMap_1 Unable to start runtime because of exception: Failed to start Eclipse, check the setting of the 'OSDT_HOME' property which is: 'file:/C:/Users/STUTIG~1/AppData/Local/Temp/osdtInstall_StutiGupta_6.5.1./'
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start runtime because of exception: Failed to start Eclipse, check the setting of the 'OSDT_HOME' property which is: 'file:/C:/Users/STUTIG~1/AppData/Local/Temp/osdtInstall_StutiGupta_6.5.1./'

Thanks,

Stuti