Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tprejob and joblets

Hi,
I have two questions regarding the use of tprejob and joblets. I can't seem to find any relevant documentation for either of them.
1. If a job has a prejob and includes a joblet that has a prejob, how is the prejob execution order defined? For example job A has a prejob that requires context parameters loaded via jobLet B's prejob. How can I ensure that job A's prejob fires *after* joblet B's prejob?
2. I can't create a "component OK" trigger from a tprejob to a joblet, even if the joblet has a "trigger input" defined. Can somebody please explain to me why?
thanks.
TIS 3.2.2 Build id: r33000-20091120-1230
addendum:
I've found a solution to point 2 - the joblet needs to be set as "startable" (Joblet tab->extra->startable). I'd missed this in the docs and found a reference to it at issue 11446
Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
1. If a job has a prejob and includes a joblet that has a prejob, how is the prejob execution order defined? For example job A has a prejob that requires context parameters loaded via jobLet B's prejob. How can I ensure that job A's prejob fires *after* joblet B's prejob?

Using a tRunJob to call jobA. for example,
father job:
jobletB
|
oncomponentok
|
tRunJob_1(call JobA)
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ah - OK. Needs to be done like that. Thanks again!