Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tprejob and joblets

Hi,
I have two questions regarding the use of tprejob and joblets. I can't seem to find any relevant documentation for either of them.
1. If a job has a prejob and includes a joblet that has a prejob, how is the prejob execution order defined? For example job A has a prejob that requires context parameters loaded via jobLet B's prejob. How can I ensure that job A's prejob fires *after* joblet B's prejob?
2. I can't create a "component OK" trigger from a tprejob to a joblet, even if the joblet has a "trigger input" defined. Can somebody please explain to me why?
thanks.
TIS 3.2.2 Build id: r33000-20091120-1230
addendum:
I've found a solution to point 2 - the joblet needs to be set as "startable" (Joblet tab->extra->startable). I'd missed this in the docs and found a reference to it at issue 11446
Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
1. If a job has a prejob and includes a joblet that has a prejob, how is the prejob execution order defined? For example job A has a prejob that requires context parameters loaded via jobLet B's prejob. How can I ensure that job A's prejob fires *after* joblet B's prejob?

Using a tRunJob to call jobA. for example,
father job:
jobletB
|
oncomponentok
|
tRunJob_1(call JobA)
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ah - OK. Needs to be done like that. Thanks again!