Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

unexpected behaviour of tArchive

Hi,

I have trouble to understand the logic of the tArchive component in Talend Studio in case of an Error. Very simple example below: I have a source file for whichever reason does not exist. I expect the component to Fail with an Error, as the file does not exist or at least to give a Warning. But neigher nor happens. Even when we take a look at the debug outputs - nothing to see here.

Why is that and how can I archive the expected result in the case of an ERROR?

Thanks!

TT

0683p000009M5Vu.png

Starting job archive at 15:43 07/06/2019.

[INFO ]: data.archive_0_1.archive - TalendJob: 'archive' - Start.
[DEBUG]: data.archive_0_1.archive - tFileArchive_1 - Start to work.
[DEBUG]: data.archive_0_1.archive - tFileArchive_1 - Parameters:SOURCE_FILE = "/file/does/not/exist" | TARGET = "C:/Users/username/Downloads/out.csv" | MKDIR = false | ARCHIVE_FORMAT = gzip | LEVEL = 9 | OVERWRITE = true | USE_SYNC_FLUSH = false | 
[DEBUG]: data.archive_0_1.archive - tFileArchive_1 - Done.
[DEBUG]: data.archive_0_1.archive - tWarn_1 - Start to work.
[DEBUG]: data.archive_0_1.archive - tWarn_1 - Parameters:MESSAGE = "All good!" | CODE = 0 | PRIORITY = 3 | 
[INFO ]: data.archive_0_1.archive - tWarn_1 - Message: All good!. Code: 0
[DEBUG]: data.archive_0_1.archive - tWarn_1 - Done.
[INFO ]: data.archive_0_1.archive - TalendJob: 'archive' - Done.

Job archive ended at 15:43 07/06/2019. [exit code=0]
Labels (1)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please raise this probable product issue in https://jira.talendforge.org?

If you are using an enterprise Talend version, please raise a support ticket and they will take care of the rest.

As a quick work around, could you please add a tFileExists before archiving component to make sure that file exists. You can add a Run if condition saying if the file exists, then only go to archive flow. The sample scenario for tFileExists is available in help.talend.com

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I created the Ticket TMDM-13586.