Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Since we released our new augmented analytics features, Insight Advisor Chat and Business Logic, I have presented these topics a few times and created / gathered some resources to showcase the various capabilities to show you how they work under the covers. Since then I felt it was important to  compile these resources and share them with you. Take a look and let me know what you think. These capabilities are available in both Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS and Windows Client-managed. 

Have questions? Please post them in the comments below. 

Insight Advisor Chat

Insight Advisor Chat offers a fully conversational, natural language analytics experience in Qlik Sense. Multi-language natural language processing (NLP) understands user intent, and natural language generation (NLG) delivers added insight and perspective for a deeper understanding of your question. Insights include auto-generated charts, narrative insights, observations, and more. Users can dive directly into search-based visual analysis for further exploration. And because it works across Qlik Sense apps, it allows people to find the right insights even if they don't know where to look.  Current languages supported with NLP include English, French, German, and Russian.  And the Windows version supports integration with Microsoft Teams and Slack.

Business Logic

Business Logic provides a robust business logic layer that incorporates business rules and metadata to customize and guide the behavior of Insight Advisor when generating insights and interacting conversationally with users. It includes the ability to logically group fields, classify data, specify default behaviors, define preferred relationships, and more.  Users can create calendar periods to define how measures should be filtered, aggregated, and compared based on preferred timeframes.  And, they can customize natural language processing, including defining vocabulary rules and synonyms for more natural interaction.

Resources

I hope these are helpful and please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo

12 Comments
Or
MVP
MVP

Is it just me, or do some of the things in these resources refer to functionality that is only available in the SaaS version, not the Windows version? I'm seeing things in these documents that don't seem to be available in the Windows version.

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Or - I am checking for you. 

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi @Or  this is what I found:

"The only bit that should be different in Business Logic is "Calendar Periods" and that will be in Windows in Feb. The other bit that could be different is the natural language answers that can be slightly different, but the questions we can answer should not differ."

If you can provide me with some examples we can investigate further.

Thanks for your question.

Or
MVP
MVP

Hi Michael,

Thanks - possibly some of the things mentioned are just new in the November 2020 Windows version, which I've yet to get a look at.

0 Likes
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi All,
Does "Insight Advisor Chat" supports browser language settings?
It seems it does not.

Currently Hub is shown with the browser language, while "Insight Advisor Chat" is using English language.
I'm using QSEoW Nov 2020 Patch 1 version.

The same behavior on QSE SaaS.

Please let me know.

Best Regards
Andrea

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Andrea - 

At the moment the current solution can only speak English so much of the UI is hardcoded to be English for the moment, but we will continue to localize the product with future releases. Hope this helps. 
0 Likes
pasi_lehtinen
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @Michael_Tarallo ,

Is this insight advisor chat an add-on to qlik sense enterpise or included for all customer without additional cost? We are currently running June 2020 and seems like I don't have this chat option available. Do we need to install it separately?

Br,
Pasi

0 Likes
rarpecalibrate
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @pasi_lehtinen,

Insight Advisor Chat was released in September 2020 and is a new feature of Qlik Sense. 

Kind Regards, 

Ryan Arpe 

0 Likes
pasi_lehtinen

Hi,

Thank you @rarpecalibrate for your comment. I guess I need to upgrade to September 2020 in that case. Just to make sure, are you able to confirm whether this feature is included without additional cost?

Br,

Pasi

0 Likes
rarpecalibrate
Contributor III
Contributor III

I pretty sure it's a included feature part of Qlik, and not a addon. 

0 Likes