Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

This week I’m kicking off the  holiday season with a gift that gives you new ways to create content and design dashboards in Qlik Analytics, our new layout container object. 

The layout container, part of the Qlik Analytics dashboard bundle, is a new object that enables free layout of charts, the ability to stack visualizations, combine charts into new visualizations,  as well as multi-select and group objects for easier sizing, positioning and alignment. The layout container is a great addition to the many easy to use and powerful capabilities available in Qlik Analytics

Qlik help reference:

SaaS in 60

Tags (2)
26 Comments
Noctis
Contributor II
Contributor II

Has Anybody the problem beside me, that you cant do fullscreen per Object inside?

aniket_patil
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thank you so much for sharing. Now I can give more benefits of migration from Qliksense to QlikView without losing any functionalities.

barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks for the videos @Michael_Tarallo and for the product updates @Patric_Nordstrom,

Brilliant! I think this is a game changer. A good UX designer will be able to create great new effects that were not previously possible.

A PM at one of my clients a couple of years ago asked me, "What's the difference between Qlik Sense and Power BI? Power BI is just more powerful?" I think this view comes from the lack of formatting options in the Qlik UI. So, this new container is going to show the uneducated users (who only see the UI) that Qlik Sense is as good as any other product out there!

Cheers, Barnaby.

Tami
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Is this now available for Enterprise? 

Lucke_Hallbergson

Yes @Tami,

Qlik Sense for Windows has the Layout Container starting from February 2024 release.

Best Regards
Lucke

lmoffereins
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

@Patric_Nordstrom can you confirm the fix for the mentioned bug with InObject() is being looked at? It seems like the bug is still present in Qlik Cloud or maybe I found a different bug but it is closely related:

I'm using the layout container for a buttons+filters group. In the styling of the buttons the text/background colors are conditional for the current sheet using InObject(). This works. However, it stops working when the layout container is made into a master item/visualization. Then the conditional colors are no longer effective. Removing the link to the master item resolves the issue again, but that defeats the purpose of making the layout container into a reusable visualization.

Also: when editing the layout container as a master item, the context menu is no longer available, making it somewhat difficult to edit the inner elements. Also pasting new elements into the layout container is then no longer possible.