Skip to main content
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

new_thumb.png
Hey guys, happy Tuesday! I'm pleased to be back in this edition of the Qlik Design Blog to introduce you to the September 2017 release of Qlik Sense....right off the heels of hurricane Irma I might add. Florida (my home state) and its surrounding neighbors have been hit hard by this storm and I would like to first express my deepest sympathy for those that were affected by Irma's wrath. We will recover, as we always have, and by working together and supporting one another, we will be back on our feet in no time...oh and hurricane Maria, you better watch yourself Missy!) Now on to the show!

As we have previously mentioned, Qlik will be releasing software 5 times a year. Which equates to a new release about every 10 weeks or so. (You can learn more about our continuous release cycle by checking out this blog here: Qlik Sense® will release 5 times a year!)

Rather than list the new feature highlights in this blog, I created a brief video to cover and demonstrate them. You can always check out the Qlik Sense release notes on the Qlik Help site as well as download the attach data sheet to learn more. You can also try these features right now by logging in to the Qlik Sense Cloud or by downloading a free version of Qlik Sense Desktop: Download Free Data Visualization Development Platform.

Now remember, each release will vary in capabilities and features, with some releases possibly having "more" in certain areas than others. It is important to note that the releases will not only cover Qlik Sense specifics, but other product areas such as Qlik NPrinting, Qlik GeoAnalytics, Qlik Sense Mobile, Qlik DataMarket, data connectors, API enhancements and new services and procedures. For example, with the September 2017 release we are also introducing a new Extension Certification Pilot program to allow extension authors to submit their extensions for review, to be certified and supported by the author for use within the Qlik platform. Stay tuned for more information on this pilot program to learn how you can submit your extension for certification.

NOTE - Qlik Sense Mobile: The app is available on the iOS VPP app store (Apple’s enterprise app store) this week.

This is a huge milestone for Qlik as it brings the power of our Associative Technology to the iPad, online AND offline. Customers and partners need to have signed up for Apple’s enterprise developer program to get access to the app. Once they are members of enterprise developer program, they can download the app from https://vpp.itunes.apple.com. Most medium and large business have this relationship with Apple and for those who do not, we are bringing the app to the iOS public app store in the near future, so hold tight.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Mike Tarallo
Qlik

Additional Resources:

* To learn more about extensions - check out these videos:

* Did you miss what's new in our Qlik Sense June 2017 release? - Check it out here: Qlik Sense 2017 Releases - What's New

* More Videos

NOTE: To increase resolution or size of the video, select the YouTube logo at the bottom right of the player. You will be brought directly to YouTube where you can increase the resolution and size of the player window. Look for the 'settings' gears icon in the lower right of the player once at YouTube.

Can't see the video?

Download the .mp4 and watch from your computer or mobile device

39 Comments
paulyeo11
Master
Master

‌HI Michael

Thank you very much for sharing with us the new version , I am very interested on the iOS mobile suppport.

also like to thank the Qlik development team for make it possible .

i Have a simple question , hope some one here can advise me :-

Qlik Sept 2017 support Qlik Sense Mobile support which iphone device ?

Paul

dennisfassbende
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi mto‌,

thanks for this information.

Just one last short question:

After upgrading to Sep 17 some systems have a disabled running Service called "QlikInstallService" which is related to QlikSenseServiceHelper.exe.

Cannot find any Information to this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dennis

0 Likes
stefan_mestas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mike, Vinay,

Is QlikSense Mobile app already available on Apple VPP app store? I could not find it.

Also, accessing this apple store is a bit new and unfamiliar to me and probably other. Why is it not available on the regular itune store?

Thanks for your assistance

Stefan

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul - I will take a look

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Dennis - I am looking into this for you.

0 Likes
nancy_sbeity
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your efforts.

Kindly note that I have evaluated the certified extensions and this is my feedback:

• Regarding the Tab for Qlik Sense extension, it works fine and it is a very important feature. However, there is a small bug in it, the title of the next chart is shown at the bottom of the page (Attached)
  • Regarding the show hide Extension, I have added 3 charts in it, when I select them all, and return back to the first one I have selected, it will give a white screen like if there is no charts in it. Since I am not able to attach an app, I am using a qsvariable extension with a the variable vOption. It takes 1,2 or 3 as numbers based on the selection. In the show/hide tab, I have added on of the charts as default, and 3 conditional visualization for the 3 charts with a show condition of: =if($(vOption)=1,1,0), =if($(vOption)=2,1,0) and =if($(vOption)=3,1,0). Please someone try this example and do let me know if I made something false.
  • Also in the app. you can see that the 2 extensions are affected by the another. When show hide don't show charts, the tabs extension won't work anymore.

These points are just to make sure if these extensions are working fine or I am the one who is not capable of using them correctly.

Thank you and best regards,

Nancy

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Stefan,

Could you please try this one more time? Search for Qlik Sense in vpp.itunes.apple.com I tweaked the metadata of the app and republished it.

Regards,

Vinay

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Nancy - thanks for your efforts. The best way to get this information logged is by using the branch site where the extension is located, and choosing the Raise issue button:

For example:

Please note - there isn't a formal, public process for extension certification, this is a pilot program at the moment. We expect more to come and to be official within the next year. Please let me know if you have any questions.

0 Likes
Digvijay_Singh

Hi Michael Tarallo,

mto

Can you please confirm if new Waterfall chart only supports 15 measures? We are generating it using create visualization mashup API and are facing problems when measures are more than 15.

Thanks in advance !

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Digvjay - yes - I have confirmed that 15 measures is the limit and works using Qlik Sense Desktop:

0 Likes