Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolo_cordini
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Admin levels names

Hi

I need to get Admin1/Admin2 hierarchy from a list of ZIP codes worldwide.

With the help of this useful post by @Patric_Nordstrom  I could get a good coverage out of my ZIP list. The problem is that NamedPointLookup operation returns only Admin1/2 codes, not names, and I would like to display names as labels.

The Within and IntersectMost do return names, but it is not possible to use them with a worldwide ZIP list, because they try to match it with the worldwide list of Admin codes, resulting in an error because of too many records in dataset. On the other hand, it is not possible to provide the Country prefix in a field, with the wizard.

I guess this problem could be overcomed with adding for...next loop by Country, outside of the operator query, therefore specifying the Country code by a variable. Is this the only way or there could be a more direct one?

Thanks!
Regards

Paolo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

You could do "Load" of adm 1 and 2, picking name and code, leaving out country code.

Iterating over countries is more elegant imho.

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

You could do "Load" of adm 1 and 2, picking name and code, leaving out country code.

Iterating over countries is more elegant imho.

Thanks,

Patric

paolo_cordini
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

In fact I did something in the middle. I used "Load" adm1 and adm2 inside Country iteration. Works fine and takes not too long.

Thanks
Paolo