Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poppelyang
Contributor
Contributor

Create drill down relation on custom layers

Hi people,

I'm learning to use GeoAnalytics with Qlik Sense, and have encountered a problem.

When using the country-state-city-zip code thing as we see most from the tutorial videos, things are much neater and smooth. However my company is working on much smaller scale of the world, which means country-state-city-zip code thing is not really applicable, not to mention the GIS people here had been building their own layers for many years and we don't want to drop that.

That is the context, here comes the quesion: I have two layers made from KML files, one showing city parts (larger area), another one showing city districts (smaller areas).

Each city parts contain several city districts, however this is not known by Qlik Sense since there are not drill down/ association (or whatever it is called) between the two KML file. However the city districts do totally fall in the corresponding city part, GIS-ly.

Is it possible to create a drill down relation between city parts and the city districts? For instance when I click the city part  and then confirm selection, the city districts that fall in the selected city part would pop-up.

I attached an imaging showing desired result.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Poppel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohanP
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This is exactly what the operation IntersectsMost is intended for in the GeoAnalytics Connector. It finds the relation between overlapping areas in two datasets (tables), see https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Subsystems/GeoConnector/Content/connector/connector-geoanal.... Note that the GeoAnalytics Connector is an addon to Qlik that is licensed and installed separately.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohanP
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This is exactly what the operation IntersectsMost is intended for in the GeoAnalytics Connector. It finds the relation between overlapping areas in two datasets (tables), see https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Subsystems/GeoConnector/Content/connector/connector-geoanal.... Note that the GeoAnalytics Connector is an addon to Qlik that is licensed and installed separately.