Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dberkesacn
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Dynamic Radios and Count Overlap

Hello,

I asked this question in Qlik App development but this might only possible w/ GeoAnalytics...

So if you are an expert in GeoAn would appreciate your input.

Hi All,

I would like to implement a feature in the Native Qlik map object (latest version) where I have multiple layers, for example dot layer #1 represents Hotels, dot layer #2 represents Household

Challenge:

1. I would like to implement a given radios for the dots (Hotels), like xy has 10KM which would represent Hotel influential area
  2. I would like to change the dot's radius based on filters e.g. 10KM to 26KM use case Hotel gives discounts
  3. I would like to know how many households are overlap with the Hotel influential area.

I used the dot layer size by feature but that one is not good for displaying radius, it is good for scenarios when I would like to understand which Hotel has the most visitors etc ... 

I assume I am not able to use only one long, lat coordinate pair per dot for Hotel radios but I have to generate somehow shape files (polygons  with multiple lang lots) to represents radios correctly, if yes how, and how it can be parameterized and to change it per frontend selection.

Thanks,

Dan

prev post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-App-Development/Qlik-Map-Object-s-Radius-fix-amp-dynamic-am...

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Qlik GeoAnalytics can be used for that, it's similar to the store site selection problem.

Create TravelAreas around the hotels, either radius in km or travel time by car in minutes, for 5, 10, 15 km. 

After that IntersectsMost with  using the TravelAreas and zip codes.

Then if you have households by zip you can easily calculate how many households are within each TravelArea.

See examples here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Documents/Qlik-Sense-Examples-Qlik-GeoAnalytics/ta-p/1548751

Thanks,

Patric