cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manuelgomez
Partner - Contributor III

Enterprise Geoanalytics Server Administration

Hello, I am working with Qlik Geoanalytics server version November 2018 and I have doubts about the administration and would like to know if you can help me in relation to the following:

1 Multi Aliases, what are they for, how do they work

2 How users are assigned permissions

3 How roles and profiles are generated

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohanP
Employee
Employee

The documentation for setting up the server is included in the data package distribution. Also see the general server installation guide at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Content/Qlik_GeoAnalytics/GeoAnalytics-Server/Installing-Ge....

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohanP
Employee
Employee

Hi,

GeoAnalytics Server internally uses an access system based on access rights for services that can be assigned to a user. An access right givs a user the right to use a single service. Services are things like getting map tiles, map configurations, name lookups. A multi-alias is a set of access rights so that a user can be assigned the right to use multiple services at ones instead of having to assign each service one at a time.

All Qlik users of the map chart run as a single GeoAnalytics user against GeoAnalytics Server in an installation. In the data package there are configuration files included to set up the necessary access rights for the services that the map chart user needs.

For GeoAnalytics extensions and connector another access system is used based on Qlik license serials.

manuelgomez
Author

thanks, is there any document on how to perform these actions?

JohanP
Employee
Employee

The documentation for setting up the server is included in the data package distribution. Also see the general server installation guide at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Content/Qlik_GeoAnalytics/GeoAnalytics-Server/Installing-Ge....