Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdanloe
Contributor
Contributor

Excel/Esri Integration and Attribute Titles

Hello All.

I have successfully followed the information in this fantastic post by Patric Nordstrom to get organizational Esri data to integrate with tabular data loaded into Qlik via Excel spreadsheet. This has me over the moon!

I do have a few issues, however, and one of them is related to attribute titles and how they display when a filter is used. In the Esri data being pulled in via GeoJSON, I have attribute titles like "DIVISION", "DIVSECT", and "WARD". For the Excel spreadsheet being loaded in, I have matched these attribute titles with the Esri data to facilitate the data linkage so that the maps will adjust when other data does. This has been my goal for a bit now.

However, because of this, when filters are applied, (understandably) the titles of "DIVISION", "DIVSECT", and "WARD" each appear when a selection is made, but I really need more "viewer-friendly" labels to appear, like "Division", "Sector", and "Ward". The hangup that I have hit is that if I adjust the titles on the Excel tabular side, I lose the data linkage I need with the maps. And I do not know of a way to change an attribute title in a GeoJSON file coming from a web feature service.

There must be a way to navigate this... Would it need to be done in the load-in script??? Any help at all would be very appreciated, and thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
martyginqo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

If I understand this right - the data model is working, you would just prefer better field names?

If that's the case, then at/near the end of the ETL just rename the fields:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptReg...

For example:

RENAME FIELD DIVISION to Division;  // and so on...

Martin.