Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TobiasW
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

GeoAnalytics: Parameters for Closest - Distance type: truck

Hey everyone,

in GeoAnalytics there is a setting for "Prarameters for Closest" "Distance type: truck" (default:car).

The only explanation i found in the documentation (Operation ‒ Qlik GeoAnalytics) was:
"Decides how distances are measured. The following values are allowed:

• Bird - measure birds distances between objects
  • Car - measure along roads with car restrictions, only supported for point datasets
  • Bike - measure along roads with bike restrictions, only supported for point datasets
  • Pedestrian - measure along roads with pedestrian restrictions, only supported for point datasets
  • Truck - measure along roads with truck restrictions, only supported for point datasets"

Now I'm wondering what is defined as "roads with truck restrictions"?

To be fair, we are in Germany and use GA for Germany and Countrys near to us.

Here are only a few roads with Truck restrictions and they are often not even completly clear.
(For example: Only Trucks to a certain height or weight aren't allowed to use the road/way other trucks are allowed)

So my thought was, is this more related to other countrys and/or can someone clear up the definition what is considered as a road with truck restrictions? (if i overlooked a document which clarify this, I'm sorry)

Thanks in advance,
Tobi!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

The restrictions are based on how the road network from OpenStreetMap is tagged. So it may not follow the regulatory definitions, use it as guidance, not in the strictest sense. As you say truck restrictions are hard, some may even be time based.

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

The restrictions are based on how the road network from OpenStreetMap is tagged. So it may not follow the regulatory definitions, use it as guidance, not in the strictest sense. As you say truck restrictions are hard, some may even be time based.

Thanks,

Patric