Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
botldaniel
Contributor
Contributor

GeoAnalytics - backgroud layer with a floorplan - PNG - Meter system

Hi,

I’m using GeoAnalytics for displaying a background layer with a floorplan. I’ve added two layers:

• The background layer with an image (is a .PNG file) with the following dimensions 1356 X 877 (px).
  • And a point layer with top left and bottom right point

I’m using a blanc base map and the projection is set to ‘defined meters’

The background layer is automatically zoomed and is displayed right, perfect!

Floorplan_for_forum.PNG

The dimensions of the room is 5.4 X 3.49 meters.

I've got a dataset for this room which includes 'meter' based data.

When i add a linelayer and set the requested fields, nothing wil be displayed. When i add a calculation *251 to the requested fields the line is visable.

• The line is displayed on the wrong postition
  • The line layer is not zoomed / scaled relative to the background layer

Floorplan_for_forum_2.PNG

What i do wrong?

Regards and thanks in advance,

Daniël

3 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

If point layers is in the unit "meters" the points needs to be converted to pixels which is the coordinate system of the image.

• Pixel bounds: 1356 x 877
  • Meter bounds: 5.4 x 3.49

So for instance the coordinate [2,3] meters becomes [1356/5.4 * 2 , 877/3.49 * 3]

Note that the map has origo in bottom left corner.

Thanks,

Patric

botldaniel
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Patric,

I read the most of your (geo) attributions on this forum. Thanks for your reply.

I have implemented the formule within my script. So the data is converted from meters to pixels. This is the result:

Floorplan_for_forum_3.png

When zooming in on a part of the line that's outside the floorplan i see the following coordinates:

Floorplan_for_forum_4.png

•  Start
    • X: 1029.5
    • Y: 376.39
  • End:
    • X: 929.11
    • Y: 552.83

These values can be plotted on the floorplan. I don't understand why the line is drawed outside the floorplan.

The data is calculated from the bottem left corner. So it's identical to the origo of the map?

Daniël

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@botldaniel  I would plot the coordinates also using a point layer just make sure the calculations are correct.

Thanks,

Patric