Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shahrinshafiq
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Geo Analytics Server Installation

Hello,

I am trying to work on Qlik Geo Analytics Server Installation. When the Qlik GeoAnalytics server attempts to start, this error is written to the system log file: 

The Qlik GeoAnalytics Server service terminated with the following service-specific error: Incorrect function.

I don’t know how to resolve this error. I think there could be a conflict with QlikView because Qlik Access point is already using port 80; however, I tried 3 additional ports 8080, 81, and 52222 and all of them resulted in the same error when I attempted to start the service

Can please anyone help me on the above error?

Thanks,

Shahrin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone else encounters this:

I encountered the exact same problem and it seemed to be GeoAnalytics server using the wrong path to the jvm. It's a problem with the commons deamon procrun: Apache commons daemon "Failed creating Java" error - Stack Overflow

I fixed it by opening the Qlik GeoAnalytics Server "Configure Service" from the start menu, going to the 'Java' tab and putting down the proper jvm path ("jdk[version]\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll") under 'Java Virtual Machine:' (you have to uncheck 'Use default').

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi, is java 64 bit installed? check with cmd java -version

Check also the QGA server log C:\ProgramData\Qlik GeoAnalytics Server\server3\logs.

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone else encounters this:

I encountered the exact same problem and it seemed to be GeoAnalytics server using the wrong path to the jvm. It's a problem with the commons deamon procrun: Apache commons daemon "Failed creating Java" error - Stack Overflow

I fixed it by opening the Qlik GeoAnalytics Server "Configure Service" from the start menu, going to the 'Java' tab and putting down the proper jvm path ("jdk[version]\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll") under 'Java Virtual Machine:' (you have to uncheck 'Use default').