Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NashaYussof
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Search point without filtering other points in Map

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom 

May I know if there are any walkaround to navigate to points in map without filtering out other points?

The idea is:

1.  I want to search 1 hospital (for eg), and the map will navigate to that points, the rest of the points around it should still in appear in the map.
  2. The idea of making it into separate layer instead of 1 layer is not an option because I need to make sure user able to select all points. The lasso function won't allow me select points across layers.
  3. I tried to use global search function at the top but it gives similar output like using filter. I just need to navigate to that point instead of filtering.

I'm using QlikSaaS btw. Below is the example:

When I search Hospital Mesra Bukit Padang, it should navigate me to this point without filtering out the rest of the points.

NashaYussof_0-1624632009037.png

Thanks.

Qlik GeoAnalytics  

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

If you select a value in Qlik, in this case a Hospital, all associated values are filtered, that's how the engine works.

If you want another navigation then you have to add a another field with Hospital to the the data model, disconnected from patients and use that for search only. Perhaps make that new layer the only layer the map auto zooms to and make it non selectable.

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

If you select a value in Qlik, in this case a Hospital, all associated values are filtered, that's how the engine works.

If you want another navigation then you have to add a another field with Hospital to the the data model, disconnected from patients and use that for search only. Perhaps make that new layer the only layer the map auto zooms to and make it non selectable.

Thanks,

Patric