Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VinayR
Contributor II
Contributor II

Copying Business Logic from One App to Another

Hello.

Environment:  Client Managed, Qlik Sense Server August 2023 (Patch 5)

I have setup the business logic (both logical model and vocabulary) on a specific app.

How do I copy both business logic components to another app?

We have many apps with the same data model, and manually configuring the business logic on each of them is not an option. 

I need a way to export the business logic from one app, and import it into another app.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
SteveReyCH
Contributor
Contributor

This seems to be a good candidate to implement a binary load, so you can have a logic and model in one place. Other applications must do a binary load of the application. Extra logic, if required, could be added.

Check here for the binary load syntax and documentation.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2024/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptRegu....

VinayR
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, a binary load does not copy across the Business Logic.

faxeed
Contributor
Contributor

I'd suggest looking into a couple different common architectures and picking one to try out. In general, adhering to an architecture isn't going to reduce the amount of code in your app, in fact it probably will add a bit. The point is the code will be structured more consistently, and code readability will improve along with ease of refactoring/maintenance.

I know my line of thinking when first starting to be more disciplined about structuring code was 'this is a stupid waste of time and is just creating extra boiler plate code' which may be the case when you start a simple app. But as the app grows in complexity and you continue to maintain and update it, the structure will pay off and you'll begin to see the benefits.