Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Is anyone using Insights Advisor with Currency Conversation?

We are moving over to SaaS and the business is interested in using the Insights Advisor. We have come across an issue when using Insights Advisor with the way we have implemented currency conversation. 

We are using a variable and a picking up a default selections in App to pick the correct currency conversion value, this works fine and is in pretty much all our apps, but sadly it does not work when we try to use it in the chat. (Have logged with Support)

I am interested if anyone has currency conversation working with Insights and how you have achieved it?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

We are not using Insight Advisor for multi-currency apps, but I am testing it to see how well Insight Advisor works in actual apps. You can not filter or choose variables in Insight Advisor.

So, I believe the only options would be adding a linked currency table with currency, date and rate as a field values or creating a separate set of calculated fields or master measure with the currency as part of the name field or master measure. The choice between the 2 likely depends on how many currencies you are using. Note that in most multi-currency apps I've worked with, there may be a couple global currencies (USD, EUR, etc.) and a "local" currency. The local currency represents multiple currencies from the company's different entities, but is really handled as if it were the same currency.

Out of curiosity, can you share an example expression from one of your charts that shows its values in different currencies?