Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vibhav_Shankar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Suppressing NULL values in Insight Advisor Chat

Hello All,

Is there any to suppress null values in the Insight Advisor chat analysis ? 

I ask IAC "what is my branch wise sales" the analysis also provides me sales which are not associated to any branch, which I don't want.

Anyway in which I can suppress the null values or perhaps reframe my question ? 

Vibhav

Qlik Insight Advisor

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nasser_Bumpus
Employee
Employee

IAC is going to return the sales aligned to a NULL branch because that is how it is reflected in the data model. The methods listed above to resolve are correct:

• In the data model, replace NULL values.
  • In the business logic, create a synonym and only include non-NULL from your selection.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can filter out the values by adjusting your data model to replace null values with a string value, like 'No Branch' and then ask a question like "sales branch except no branch". 

If the branch fields values don't change, you can also add a synonym to the Vocabulary section that is the same name as the field and pre-select all non-null values.

Nasser_Bumpus
Employee
Employee

IAC is going to return the sales aligned to a NULL branch because that is how it is reflected in the data model. The methods listed above to resolve are correct:

• In the data model, replace NULL values.
  • In the business logic, create a synonym and only include non-NULL from your selection.