Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vibhav_Shankar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Suppressing NULL values in Insight Advisor Chat

Hello All,

Is there any to suppress null values in the Insight Advisor chat analysis ? 

I ask IAC "what is my branch wise sales" the analysis also provides me sales which are not associated to any branch, which I don't want.

Anyway in which I can suppress the null values or perhaps reframe my question ? 

Vibhav

Qlik Insight Advisor

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nasser_Bumpus
Employee
Employee

IAC is going to return the sales aligned to a NULL branch because that is how it is reflected in the data model. The methods listed above to resolve are correct:

• In the data model, replace NULL values.
  • In the business logic, create a synonym and only include non-NULL from your selection.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can filter out the values by adjusting your data model to replace null values with a string value, like 'No Branch' and then ask a question like "sales branch except no branch". 

If the branch fields values don't change, you can also add a synonym to the Vocabulary section that is the same name as the field and pre-select all non-null values.

Nasser_Bumpus
Employee
Employee

IAC is going to return the sales aligned to a NULL branch because that is how it is reflected in the data model. The methods listed above to resolve are correct:

• In the data model, replace NULL values.
  • In the business logic, create a synonym and only include non-NULL from your selection.