Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayZ1
Contributor III
Contributor III

After selecting my talend 8 migration license, talend closes

I did a fresh install of talend 8 on mac, after selecting my talend 8 migration license talend closes and nothing happens. Any idea how to fix this issue? Everything looks good in the photo

0695b00000WtVu3AAF.png

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Java version are you running? Also, what version of Mac OS are you using? Another question (this should be the last) did you use the Mac installer for your Studio or did you take the zip package and just unzip it? With some versions of the Mac OS, the installer can have issues. This happens for some Mac OS versions that have been released after the Studio installer. The installer isn't actually necessary for the Studio and you can just unzip the contents of the zip package to the location you want it.

JayZ1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Java version:

java version "11.0.15" 2022-04-19 LTS

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.15+8-LTS-149)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.15+8-LTS-149, mixed mode)

I am on macOS Monterey, I know it hasn't been officially listed as a working OS. I have another version of Talend 8 which I downloaded using the macOS installer and that is working fine. The reason I reinstalled was because some global code routines weren't populating up for my Talend and Talend support wanted me to re-install Talend 8.Support had me install Talend 8 via archive file I believe

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using Monterey as well. I always use the zip package because that is what I am use to. Never fails.

Your Java version looks absolutely fine.

I presume that you have tried to open the Studio without using the migration token and it works? If so, I think it is best to contact the support agent who gave you the migration token and explain the issue. It would be useful to take the link to this case and show them. I'd like to see the result of their findings here as I have not seen this issue before.

Sorry I cannot help this time, but I'd rather not get you to keep "trying things out" when you can show this to support.

JayZ1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I actually haven't tried opening with out a migration token, since I'm not sure what I would put there. However I will send support this, as the original issue is just me not having access to all Code Routines under Data quality on my remote tac but them being available on local. Would be curious to know if you have seen that before? As I have had a support ticket open for some days now

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid I haven't seen this. I recommend raising this with Support and sharing with them your log file found here....

/Talend8/studio/workspace/.metadata/