Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Build job: routines.Numeric cannot be resolved

Hi all!

I recently upgraded from Talend Open Studio for Big Data 6.4 to Talend [...] 7.0. When I now try to build the same jobs (created with Talend 6.4), that I was able to build with 6.4, I get the following error:

org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Job compile errors 
At least job "BD_LPSJ0011_SAP_ESB_StredaX_PERGAMON_Hadoop" has a compile errors, please fix and export again.
Error Line: 25
Detail Message: The import routines.Numeric cannot be resolved
There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.

As the error message suggests, I have checked by Java configuration. It is exactly the same as in Talend 6.4:

0683p000009Lys3.png

I have checked the code view and, indeed, the error at the import stage is highlighted:

0683p000009Lyix.png

I have attached the full error stack.

No idea where to start. Does anyone have an idea where to look into or a solution?

btw: some other jobs can be built.

Thanks in advance!

Freddy

Labels (2)
19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Interesting behaviour: When I build the job for "all systems", the error occurs. When I build it only for unix systems, the job is built just fine.

Although my problem is solved, I still want to know what could cause this kind of behaviour? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Freddy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Freddy,

Did you create a user routine in your job?

Have you tried to right-click on your user routine in the Repository and select "Edit Routine Libraries"?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina!

Thank you very much! Unfortunately, I have not added any user routines 0683p000009MPcz.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Does this issue repro on all your jobs or a specific job?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

The problem indeed does replicate on all jobs. I will do further testing when I have a little bit more time. For the moment the best solution I have is to build the job only for Unix systems. 

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

We will appreciate it a lot if you could post your testing result on forum.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrine!

Unfortunately, I have had no time to do further research on this. I will let you know once I get to it, sorry.

Cheers

Freddy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

I have done a bit of fiddling around. A was not able to reproduce the error in any way. It just orrurs from time to time. 

For example:

1. Open Talend

2. Open Job design

3. Right-click on job --> build job

4. Set shell start script to "all"

--> error occurs. When I now try to build the job, it is always doomed to fail, no matter what settings I make.

5. Close Talend

6. Open Talend

7. Open Job design 

8. Right-click on job --> build job

9. Set start shell script to "unix"

--> everything fine.

I will investigate further when I get to it again...

Cheers

Freddy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for your inputs and sharing it with us.

Best regards

Sabrina