Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot connect to project with url 'svn+ssh://localhost/var/svn/talend

Hi,
I have just installed TIS Enterprise edition on my machine running Windows 7. I have set up a project in TAC and have clicked advanced settings and entered the relevant svn user and password details. When I launch TIS on my machine and try to connect to the remote project I get an error message and am instructed to go to my log. The log contents are as follows:
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Cannot connect to project with url 'svn+ssh://localhost/var/svn/talend/SHAKTI'
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: Cannot connect to 'svn+ssh://localhost': There was a problem while connecting to localhost:22
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.info(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnProjectUrlCheck.check(Unknown Source)
... 6 more
Caused by: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: Cannot connect to 'svn+ssh://localhost': There was a problem while connecting to localhost:22
at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.JavaHLObjectFactory.throwException(JavaHLObjectFactory.java:777)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.throwException(SVNClientImpl.java:1850)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.info(SVNClientImpl.java:1598)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnHandler.info(Unknown Source)
... 8 more
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: Cannot connect to 'svn+ssh://localhost': There was a problem while connecting to localhost:22
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:85)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:69)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNSSHSession.openConnection(SVNSSHSession.java:304)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNSSHSession.getConnection(SVNSSHSession.java:145)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNSSHConnector.open(SVNSSHConnector.java:92)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNConnection.open(SVNConnection.java:74)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.openConnection(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:1237)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.getLatestRevision(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:168)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.getRevisionNumber(SVNBasicClient.java:482)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.getLocations(SVNBasicClient.java:851)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SVNBasicClient.java:534)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNWCClient.doInfo(SVNWCClient.java:2567)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNWCClient.doInfo(SVNWCClient.java:2899)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.info(SVNClientImpl.java:1591)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: There was a problem while connecting to localhost:22
at com.trilead.ssh2.Connection.connect(Connection.java:792)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNSSHSession.openConnection(SVNSSHSession.java:264)
... 20 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at com.trilead.ssh2.transport.TransportManager.establishConnection(TransportManager.java:346)
at com.trilead.ssh2.transport.TransportManager.initialize(TransportManager.java:454)
at com.trilead.ssh2.Connection.connect(Connection.java:732)
... 21 more
I have seen posts of a similar nature and have done everything advised with regards to clicking advanced settings when creating the project as well as completing svn details for my single user. None of this changes anything. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Try to access the url svn+ssh://localhost/var/svn/talend/SHAKTI on browser with your username and password, it should be also accessed in Talend studio if it works on browser. Also, make sure the firewall is closed on windows 7.
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shong
I am working on ticket  https://support.talend.com/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketZoom;TicketID=27122
Customer installed subversion on an Amazon instance and is able to access svn+ssn://amazonip/.... from a Mac shell but TAC does not like the URL.
Does svn+ssn scheme really work in TAC? I have not used it. I am recommending to client that he uses apache htttd via mod_dav_svn
What userid and password are required in TAC? Same credentials that you would use for SSH? Amazon seems to be using private/public key pair for SSH access. How to tell TAC to use this? I have not investigated TAC properties files, perhaps there may be something there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi all,
be sure ssh+svn works   0683p000009MACn.png . I Use it on actual project (Vm , not an Amazon cloud).
Are you sure that Talend process has 'write permission' ? Perhaps you have to create ssh private key ans put it on your local machine (on linux it's by default in a repository in .ssh of user home).
regards
laurent
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks kzone. In the case of TAC, what is "home"? This is a Tomcat app. So whatever Tomcat is running as?