Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdv
Contributor
Contributor

Delimited File Preview error to load to table

Hi.  I am new to Talend and trying to run the demo found here

I am on the 3rd step "build your first job.  I am trying to build the metadata for the Customers file.  In step 3 of 4 the output tab throws an error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:

at demo_project.shadowfileinputtodelimitedoutput_0_1.ShadowFileInputToDelimitedOutput.main(ShadowFileInputToDelimitedOutput.java:1160)

Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:90)
org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1300)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the file because I tried with a very basic file and got the same error.  I am using TOS v7.0.1.  I am using version 8 of Java.  I have set JAVA_HOME in the user variables to D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45 and have %JAVA_HOME%\bin in the system variables path

Please help

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE.

The JDK is the Java Development Kit. The JRE is the Java Runtime Environment. You actually get a JRE when you download the JDK. You cannot develop and compile with the JRE, you can only run your precompiled code. As such you need the JDK for your Studio. It is a good idea to ONLY install the JDK across all of your environments as it comes with the JRE anyway.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE.

The JDK is the Java Development Kit. The JRE is the Java Runtime Environment. You actually get a JRE when you download the JDK. You cannot develop and compile with the JRE, you can only run your precompiled code. As such you need the JDK for your Studio. It is a good idea to ONLY install the JDK across all of your environments as it comes with the JRE anyway.

Best regards

Sabrina