Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delimited File Preview error to load to table

Hi All,
Earlier i could able to load data from delimited flat file(*.txt, *.csv, *.xls) to table, but suddenly I m facing below error. Even i couldnt able to preview the delimited file. Can anyone help on this?
Output not generated.
Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:90)
org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1246)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)
Thanks
Kavitha L

Labels (2)
75 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi
it is showing Users with 10 posts or less may not add live URLs
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i tried both encoding format
i convert encoding in notepad++ to UTF8 and than select UTF8 on 3rd step of create file delimited of metadata
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ShahFaisal,
it is showing Users with 10 posts or less may not add live URLs

You'll get a Image upload box that allows to upload screen captures and images up to 200KB when click on "post reply" (not through the quick post")
Could you please upload the full log message? Which is located in /workspace/.metadata/.
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MA6m.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi
i created a new demo2.csv file and try to create file delimited , screenshot are hereafter
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

and also tried with UTF-8 format but showing same error
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Could you please upload the full log message? Which is located in /workspace/.metadata/.
I can see if there is "Could not find the main class" exception. Is your studio working well except for "File Metadata Problem"?
Best regards
Sabrina
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

I am getting the same error while trying to create a new File Delimited Meta Data
Error is on Step 3:
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:90)
org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1312)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)
I am using Talend Open Studio 5.5.1
Windows 7, 32 bit
Java version : "1.7.0_55"
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Deepika19,

How large your input delimited file? Have you checked KB article about TalendHelpCenter:Exception+Could+not+reserve+enough+space+for+object+heap.
Best regards
Sabrina
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,
im using a win7, TOS 5.2.1, Java Version 1.6.
Im new to TOS and im getting this error for any file format that im taking for my delimited file,
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1312)
Having a hard time getting through this step.
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Having the same problem as James2465.. Please resolve. Would downloading a newer version of TOS help?
My log:
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2014-08-05 09:44:59.527
!MESSAGE 2014-08-05 09:44:59,527 ERROR org.talend.designer.codegen.model.CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory  - Error during JetEmitter initalization Exception on ._header_additional_talendesb_wsconsumerJava
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETException: Exception on ._header_additional_talendesb_wsconsumerJava
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter$TalendEclipseHelper.initialize(TalendJetEmitter.java:409)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter.initialize(TalendJetEmitter.java:139)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter.initialize(TalendJetEmitter.java:128)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.model.CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.synchronizedComponent(CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.java:477)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.model.CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.initializeEmittersPool(CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.java:434)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.model.CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.access$7(CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.java:383)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.model.CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory$JobRunnable.doRun(CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.java:191)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.model.CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory$JobRunnable.run(CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.java:118)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter$TalendEclipseHelper.initialize(TalendJetEmitter.java:291)
 ... 7 more
Thank u