Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgreenx
Creator
Creator

Error from JDBC driver when retrieving query schema in Snowflake

Hi, has anyone had the following issue when trying to retrieve a query schema in the snowflake input component?

0695b00000RkIPYAA3.png

net.snowflake.client.jdbc.SnowflakeSQLLoggedException: JDBC driver internal error:

Failed to retrieve row count for first arrow chunk: sun.misc.Unsafe or

java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(long, int) not available.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@david green​ , please raise a ticket to our support team and tell us which patch you have installed. They will be able to hold a Zoom meeting with you and take a look at your config to see how best to resolve this.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @david green​ 

We need more information to do some testing and reproduce the issue.

Studio version?

JDK version

A sample of your query.

Regards

Shong

dgreenx
Creator
Creator
Author

Latest Studio version. We are keeping up with the patches being sent out.

JDK is 11 (Zulu)

dgreenx
Creator
Creator
Author

I have found that if I created a table from the query and then select that table without a manual query, it will bring in a table schema. But if I write any manual query (even select * from table) and click Guess Schema on a Snowflake query, I get the error above.

dgreenx
Creator
Creator
Author

Earlier in releases of version 8 we did not have this issue, so I think the problem came somewhere in the last few updates to Talend Studio.

dgreenx
Creator
Creator
Author

0695b00000Sq9MCAAZ.png

dgreenx
Creator
Creator
Author

0695b00000Sq9HhAAJ.png

dgreenx
Creator
Creator
Author

Trying to revert to the prior Snowflake code gives me an error:

0695b00000Sq9QYAAZ.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@david green​ , please raise a ticket to our support team and tell us which patch you have installed. They will be able to hold a Zoom meeting with you and take a look at your config to see how best to resolve this.