Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installation issue on Mac OS

Hi,

I am facing the following issues which one of them resolved on my own. 

1. Could not open TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa and had to run 

xattr -c TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app 

2. Now after that I am getting the error To open “Talend Open Studio for Data Integration” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime.

I am running MacOs Sierra version 10.12.5 

surely I dont need version 6 now do I ?

Thanks for your help. 

Regards

Ajith

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Here is a related jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TINSTL-1000

Could you please check the solution provided in jira issue to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

32 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What's talend build version you are using? And what's your JDK version? More information will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina

vapukov
Creator III
Creator III

Generally - I never have the problem with Talend on Mac if NOT use build  unarchiver
I use Archiver - and never have this problem (repeated many, many times)

0683p000009Luym.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ajith,

Are you using third-party ZIP extractor or the built-in OS X zip extractor?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

I have downloaded v6.4.0 and I am using OSX  Sierra v10.12.5. My java version is 1.8.0_131.

After I unzip the downloaded file, I click on the cocoa app, and I get the following error:

The TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.

Any help?

Thanks

Arya

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It looks like OS X default unzip did not extract properly. Could you please try to delete the previous set of files and then re-extract using other extractor to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm also experiencing this issue. I just downloaded the 20170623_1246-V6.4.1 zip file and extracted it. When I open the .app file, I get the error saying that I need Java 1.6. When I install Java 1.6, it clears that error but then throws a new error saying that I need JRE 1.8...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Java 8 is currently the recommended Java version for all Talend products and modules since v6.0.

Have you tried to install JDK 1.8 in your Mac OS to see if this issue still repro or get a new error, such as," TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library."?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have already installed Java 8. (A visit to the Java verifier shows Java 8 update 144 installed.) Any thoughts for where to look next?

Cheers,

Sean

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,