Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installation issue on Mac OS

Hi,

I am facing the following issues which one of them resolved on my own. 

1. Could not open TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa and had to run 

xattr -c TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app 

2. Now after that I am getting the error To open “Talend Open Studio for Data Integration” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime.

I am running MacOs Sierra version 10.12.5 

surely I dont need version 6 now do I ?

Thanks for your help. 

Regards

Ajith

Labels (2)
32 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I installed a CPU Java release. Now when I try to execute the file, I get an error that says,

To open "Talend Open Studio for Data Integration" you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime. 

What next?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here's what ultimately solved the problem for me:

Do not follow the documentation on the Software Requirements for installing Talend Open Studio for Data Integration. They are incomplete, at lest for Mac OS users. If you follow the link to install Java, it will send you to the download page for the most current version of Java, which could be either a PSU (even-numbered) or a CPU (odd-numbered) version. Talend wants the CPU version of Java 8, which you'll need to download here. The documentation also says that you need the Java Runtime Environment (JRE), but this was not sufficient for me. I only resolved the error message above when I downloaded and installed the Java Development Kit (JDK). I assume that you will also need the CPU version of JDK; I didn't bother testing against the most current release. Finally, if you missed it earlier, you'll need to run 'sudo xattr -c TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app' to clear any extended attributes that may cause you other issues with the Talend launcher. 

I hope this helps others. 

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have downloaded the Talend for Bigdata zip when I am trying to execute it is giving error 

executable lunchar was not available,  any help should be appreciated  

sudo xattr -c TOS_BD-macosx-coco - even I run this command as well 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

What's mac OS version you are using? Are you using third-party ZIP extractor or the built-in OS X zip extractor?

You have a better chance if you describe your requirement better.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Zdshi,

i am using Mac os Sieera 10.12.6 and i also tried extract the zip file with extractor applications from apple, ( tried using Mac pre built as extractor).

I have also tried the sudo xattr -dr command on max executable but it throwing same error, it asking me show the below log file but I did not understand what is happening with installation by looking at log file.

Please see the attached log file.

1506696624405.log
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am facing the same problem while installing on Mac OSX Sierra.

Error message is

"

The TOS_ESB-macosx-cocoa executable launcher was unable to locate its 

companion shared library."

I have used the native Archive utility in Mac OSX. But still getting the same error.

Appreciate your quick response.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Here is a related jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TINSTL-1000

Could you please check the solution provided in jira issue to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, your solution fixed the error I seeing. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Great this solution is Ok with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

mgoedhart
Contributor III
Contributor III

Had the same issue with Talend Open Studio for ESB 6.5.1.
Unzip with another extractor (iZip) worked for me!