Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daveseavista
Contributor
Contributor

Installing Apache Hadoop to support t_fileOutputParquet

Hi We are using Talend Data management Platform to write out data in parquet form. When I added the t_FileOutputparquet component I needed to install additional libraries, but when I run the job I get the following error org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell- Did not find winutils.exe

The fix looks to be to install the Windows version of Hadoop.

Due to security policies I am not able to install this myself and need an administrator to perform the install. I looked for guidance to add to the request but some of the instructions say native IO support is mandatory on Windows and not guaranteed 100% safe (below).

"Hadoop on Linux includes optional Native IO support. However Native IO is mandatory on Windows and without it you will not be able to get your installation working. The Windows native IO libraries are not included as part of Apache Hadoop release. Thus we need to build and install it.

warning These libraries are not signed and there is no guarantee that it is 100% safe. We use it purely for test & learn purpose."

I am sure the admins will not install this because of the risk. Does anyone have experience of Hadoop on Windows? Are there other options? We run Studio on Windows, thus develop on Windows and deploy to Linux.

Many Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Replies