Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAlex1
Contributor
Contributor

MS Access 2021, connection failure during New Database Connection on repository- Step 2/2

Hello team,

I am facing some connection issues during the creation of DB connection (metadata) from MS Access 2021. In step 2/2 'Update Database Connection' when the 'Test connection' button is executed then this message will always appear: 'Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.'

The meaning of the message is not clear to me.

'Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.'

Details >>

java.lang.RuntimeException: net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessSQLException: Illegal char <"> at index 0: "D:\sql_training.accdb"

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:208)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1170)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:317)

at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:290)

at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$75.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:4556)

at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$75.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)

at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)

at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

Caused by: net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessSQLException: Illegal char <"> at index 0: "D:\sql_training.accdb"

at net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessDriver.connect(UcanaccessDriver.java:247)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:199)

... 9 more

Caused by: java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <"> at index 0: "D:\sql_training.accdb"

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.normalize(WindowsPathParser.java:182)

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(WindowsPathParser.java:153)

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(WindowsPathParser.java:77)

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.parse(WindowsPath.java:92)

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem.getPath(WindowsFileSystem.java:232)

at java.base/java.io.File.toPath(File.java:2387)

at com.healthmarketscience.jackcess.DatabaseBuilder.toPath(DatabaseBuilder.java:457)

at com.healthmarketscience.jackcess.DatabaseBuilder.<init>(DatabaseBuilder.java:88)

at org.talend.ucanaccess.encrypt.CryptCodecOpener.open(CryptCodecOpener.java:14)

at net.ucanaccess.jdbc.DBReference.<init>(DBReference.java:158)

at net.ucanaccess.jdbc.DBReferenceSingleton.loadReference(DBReferenceSingleton.java:57)

at net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessDriver.connect(UcanaccessDriver.java:103)

... 11 more

===

org.talend.studio.tos.di.product ver. 8.0.1 

azul Zulu JDK 17.42.19 (17.0.7.) 64-bit

Microsoft® Access® 2021 MSO (Version 2306 Build 16.0.16529.20164) 64-bit 

===

Screenshots from Talend are attached.

Thanks for your time!

/MAlex

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Java 17 is not a supported Java version, for more details, please refer to installation guide.

please install Java 11 and try again.

Regards

Shong

MAlex1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello, thank you for the advice! Basically, I just wanted to connect to MS Access database and get the data and here I make do with the tAccessInput (tDBInput) component. In this case it works reliably even with Java 17.

MAlex1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Here is a description of what I needed and how I proceeded for those who will be dealing with a similar issue.

Basically, I only needed to connect to MS Access DB, and retrieve data from the table for further processing.

For this purpose, I used the 'tAccessInput' component in Job.

Here is the setting in the 'Component' view:

0695b00000nSmnhAAC.png 

0695b00000nSmnmAAC.png 

where 'User Name' and 'Password' are empty strings "", because I don't have login credentials set for DB.

What is essential, the scheme must be set - here:

0695b00000nSmnDAAS.png 

and a basic SQL query that selects data from the required table:

"SELECT * from tbl_0001"

Here is the result of reading data from DB:

0695b00000nSmnXAAS.png